Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sweet and sugary office space

Just thought I'd share with everyone the place I go to feel inspired. This is the office I've set up in my house and what I love most about it is that it has all the sweet colors and patterns I love so much. This space is home to some of my favorite antique treasures and mementos, each chosen with extreme care, from the wire basket holding my wrapping paper collection to each antique Ball jar sitting on the shelf above my desk. Ok, ok, so it's not a place my husband feels inspired but that's ok! Everyone needs a small space in their home that reflects exactly who they are and this is that space for me. 
 


In my dreams, I own a small sweet shop that's covered wall-to-wall in colorful, candy-filled apothecary jars, serves homemade treats and ice cream and looks like a chicly designed gingerbread house.  Not withstanding sanitary issues, there would most certainly be lickable wallpaper!  

My office space is where I meet myself in the middle.  It's the precursor to my dream shop and when I peek inside I imagine all the flowers being sugared and edible, all the ribbons and twine as licorice and swizzle sticks and the tins (currently home to pens and pencils) overflowing with toffee, gummies, big round lollipops and chocolate covered...well chocolate covered anything!

If it looks like an ordinary room to you, that's ok!  But to me, it's my imaginarium.  It's the place I go to plan new adventures, come up with ideas and dream about my gingerbread house.

  

2 comments:

  1. This is SUCH a beautiful space...guess it's been awhile since I've seen your place. Love it. And I love the sweet shop idea. Can I work for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your space is sweet and I wish it was mine! Be inspired! Can't wait to see more one day!

    ReplyDelete